This morning was ripe with anticipation. Jared woke up knowing today was his FIRST day of school at Scottsdale Christian!!
While downstairs getting our morning coffee and tea for devotions, Jared grabbed the hairbrush and started "getting ready" in the bathroom ...
The mirror is kind of hard for him to reach, so he had to climb in the sink to check his hair out.
While I was doing something downstairs, Jared was upstairs putting his clothes on, and "doing his hair" with Daddy's hair stuff. He proudly marched downstairs, with gobs of (expensive) pomade and announced, "Mommy! Look at this handsome boy!" Even though he was so cute, it was difficult to hide my annoyance ... we were already running short on time. Hence his sad face (above) - commence the hair washing with hand soap in the kitchen sink ...
Here he is posing for a quick pic with the appropriate amount of hair product for a 3 yr old. Notice the tucked shirt and close toed shoes.
I wanted a quick picture with my big boy on his big day ... Will did not want to be left out and marched over to say cheese.
Sweet Tiffany said a prayer for him before we raced out the door. (Notice Will in the background with Jared's flip flops on. He kept saying, "I wanna go too Mommy!" Poor little buddy - not this time. ;-)
On the way, we started composing our "Preschool" song. Still needs a little work. Maybe I can post it when Jared and I finish writing it. I realize we sing a lot at my house. ;-)
I hate to admit it (but will do so because maybe it will be funny later), I was 5 minutes late for dropoff. Jared missed getting greeted by his teacher at the gate and entering with the kids through the playground (I had to walk him in, knocking frantically at the locked door because I didn't know the code). He didn't seem to mind, though. Jared was just so happy to be there. What a cute boy he was - I was one of few lagging parents who had to be shushed out of the room by the teacher (me and Matt Peterson with the video camera).
I'm not too sorry though, for being "that mom". I'm just glad I got these pics!
All in all, it was a great first day from the sounds of it. J's favorite part was the playground, and, of course - Mrs. Rashke.
Hooray for preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment