Thursday, January 07, 2010

Quote of the Day ...


Yesterday, while helping me peel Brussels sprouts for dinner, Jared says out of the blue, "When I am a man, I will not want any children."

I asked him what he meant by this and reminded him that he loves other kids.

He says, "Yes, but since I am a children, I like children, but when I am a man I do not think I will want any children."

I told him that even though kids were work for grownups, that children are a blessing from the Lord and that I am so happy to be the mommy to him and Will.

Now ... this morning, as Jared is peeling an orange (for his own breakfast I must add), he says, "When you do things, I will always want to help you."

Then he adds, "It would be sad if you did not have your two boys to be your helpers. They are a blessing from the Lord."

Yes, son. Right you are. ;-)

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Clever kid!
And yay for Brussels sprouts!!! So few people like 'em (we do)...