Oh, Caleb. It's hard to believe you have already been with us 6 months!! We can't imagine life without you...

You are starting to really get good at sitting up on your own. Not perfect yet. But you can stay upright for a while if I place your feet (and adorably chubby thighs) just so. I have to be careful on what surface though because eventually you'll reach for something and topple over. Such was the case tonight on the laminate wood flooring at the rental house. The tears, however, were short lived. :-(

You have the best smile. The same sort of smile that Jared had when he was a baby. The kind of smile that "eats your face." You are happy to flash it at familiar faces and strangers alike. You always have it ready for mommy and daddy - we are your favorites.

You are inquisitive and always trying to figure out what the big boys are doing. I love how your eyes follow them around the room.
Your favorite activity is the bouncer, you like the exersaucer too. I have to remind myself to place you on the floor. With all the competing priorities I have, mopping floors is not high on the list so I have to force myself to place you on them. At this pace, it might be a while before you learn to crawl. :-)

Your Daddy calls you his "Lub" and made me take this picture of you wearing this cute hat and what he calls your "bear suit." We are often overwhelmed by your cuteness.

You sleep at night (and naps) either in the pack n' play (Mommy bought you a special mattress) by our bed or snuggled up with us in our bed. You stir at night to nurse and I don't mind it since you right there and because I like having your little body next to mine . You are the first of our boys to enjoy this special treatment. Mommy really likes having you close.

You have such an easy temperament. Even Poppi refers to you as "best baby ever." He might just be right. You go with the flow and rarely protest when you are lugged from place to place as long as you can be with us. You get more than half of your naps in the car (or in the stroller - as was the case last week when we made bread at Jared & Will's preschool). We're grateful you are such a delightful baby. You are so sweet that I sometimes worry! The other day when you were getting bathed (in the sink) and washed up (with my regular shampoo) I knew you probably had soap in your eyes and yet you didn't even cry. Is this normal?? I had to ask the doctor today at your checkup. He assured me you were fine.

Your brothers love their baby and always hold your hands and try to hold you!

You're not interested yet in food.

We've tried bananas and carrots so far and you
hated them both. You are perfectly content to just nurse - which is just fine by me. I'm in no rush for you to grow any faster than you'd like.

Today we went to the doctor (for the first time since you were 2 months old) and he said you are developing beautifully. You are in the 100th Percentile for height and the 82nd Percentile for weight. There is no doubt about it. You are truly a Barrett.
6 month stats ... 19 lbs 12 oz (82nd %) ... 29 inches long (100th %) ... 18 head circum (95%)
No comments:
Post a Comment