Friday, November 12, 2010

The Never Ending Project ...

I was able to cross something off my list this week. FINALLY, finished making the bulletin boards for the boys and hung them on the walls with their names. I'm happy to say I am just about done with their room. I am NOT a crafty, project-y person, but thankfully - I have some good friends who are ...

Its ridiculous how long it took me to finish these little guys and how many friends took pity and helped - I'll spare you all the details of my trial and error pain. I do, however, have to give a shout out to Tara for getting me started with her frugal shopping, material selecting skills (I think, all-in I spent about $12, plus the boards we already had); to my Mom for cutting out the batting and her input; to my dad for the staple gun (that we had to go purchase to complete this silly project after the first one quit on us); to Heather for the encouragement; and to Jimmye for her ironing and staple-gunning skills. And, of course, I can't forget my cute husband for HIS "encouragement" to get this little project off the counter where it lived for over 2 weeks! (and for re-hanging them properly in the near future since they are a little crooked and not super secure)

See what I mean? Ridiculous! But - the boards are up and the boys love having their own space to hang some select treasures. AND - I'm happy because it allowed me to unclog our kitchen counter that had been collecting said treasures for the past month.




Notice that cute little baby dwarfed by the Jared's polar bear?

Caleb is loved, what can I say? He's pretty popular around here!


The boys like reading books to Caleb (or K-Love as Will calls him). ;-)

How blessed am I to have these three??

1 comment:

Tara Kay said...

I love them! You did such a great job!