Saturday, May 08, 2010

Quote of the Day - Shhh Secrets ...


Tonight before bedtime, Tim and Jared made me some Mother's Day cards that I can't WAIT to wake up to in the morning. Before being tucked into bed, Jared came into my office, leaned in close, half covered his mouth with his hand, and loudly "whispered" in his best 4 year old "I'm being quiet voice,"

(which if you've ever had a four year old you know is not very quiet at all)

"Hey Mama. It's a secret and I'm not supposed to tell you. BUT I made you a card. It has choo choo trains on it and I left it on the counter and you can see it when you wake up in the morning and ..."

and then I had to cut him off and remind him not to tell me any more so I could really be surprised int the morning...

Have I mentioned lately that I think four year olds are awesome? What a cute boy (and a what a cute daddy for helping him "surprise me")

No comments: