Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Priestly Blessing

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I love this blessing the Lord instructed Aaron with which to bless the people of Israel from Numbers 6:

24 'May the LORD bless you and protect you.
25 May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you.
26 May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.'

I am praying this for my family and yours.

On another note, quote of the day...

While listening to the radio in the car, the Brandon Heath song, "Give Me Your Eyes Came On."

Chorus:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

Ever the observant three year old, Jared chimes in from the backseat,
.
"Mom, we can't give people our eyes!!"
.
After trying my best to explain to him the meaning of the song, he still insists,
.
"How could we take our eyes off our faces??"
.
Well... I guess if it were my eyes you were looking for, he would have a point...

No comments: