I've been working on my neighbors for a while to get bikes and go on bike rides with me. When the weather in Arizona is nice, it is GLORIOUS. Perfect for bike rides, deep breaths of fresh air, and getting outside. I loved the rides I used to take with Melinda when we were next door neighbors and the "break" it provided from parenting when our kids were happily ensconced in their trailers behind our bikes. JJ was on board and her husband blessed her with a BEAUTIFUL Pashley bicycle for this year's birthday. Christine was the holdout, but it was pretty clear she was to be a part of our bike gang when that blue cruiser literally dropped in her lap. Ask her about it sometime. Hilarious.
This picture is from our first ride altogether. My big boys were sad to get left behind, but we were all so happy to get a little ride in together. JJ has dubbed our bike gang the "Moon Valley Mamas". And... I'm sure I've got at least a few weeks (maybe months) left before I've got too much belly to get out there with the mamas. I sure hope so, because it is seriously my favorite thing. :-)
* I should note that this picture was taken just a few hours before I completely succumbed to the stomach flu ... Ha ha! But that's a story for another post (maybe).
No comments:
Post a Comment